Headache Management Service
Melbourne Medibrain Centre is pleased to announce establishment of Headache Management Service headed by Consultant Neurologist Dr David Moses. The service offers investigation, diagnosis, support and treatment, for all headache sufferers.
In addition to the full range of services offered by the Consultant Neurologist, the Headache Clinic offers treatment for migraine, tension-type headache, medication overuse headache and secondary headache. The categorisation of headache is key to establishing what further treatment may be required.
Treatment modalities include :
- Botox injections
The clinic includes:
- a consultant lead private consultation
- neurological examination
- thorough assessment and review of underlying causes
- identification of headache triggers
- advice on preventative measures
- medication guidance
- rapid access to scanning facilities
- onward referral as appropriate
At Melbourne Medibrain Centre our experienced consultants pride themselves on caring for their patients, not just treating symptoms. Regular headaches can often result in a substantially reduced quality of life during attacks. When experiencing headaches for the first time, or a more severe headache than you are used to, it’s natural to be concerned that this may represent something serious. Establishing whether or not there is an underlying cause for your headache is often the first step to treatment and recovery.
The Headache Clinic is open to all, for further information please contact
or please complete the enquiry form.
At your first appointment you will be assessed by a consultant neurologist who will:
- Take a detailed history and thoroughly assess your condition
- Undertake a general neurological examination, including examination of your neck and shoulders
- Review and discuss potential underlying causes
- Identify triggers and advise preventive measures to help avoid attacks
- Review and advise regarding current and future medication
Symptoms to look out for before visiting the Headache Clinic include :
- Facial numbness or tingling
- Sensitivity to light, noise and smell
- Head and neck tightness/pressure
- Throbbing on one or both sides of your head
- Impaired vision – lights, lines and zigzags