Meet Our Team
“MediBrain have been a tower of strength for me during difficult times – secretaries, doctors, nurses, everyone”. L.H.
Doctors & Nurses
Dr. Natalie Krapivensky - Clinical Psychiatrist
Dr. Natalie Krapivensky is a clinical psychiatrist with special interest in:
- Hormones and the brain
- Brain assessment
- Memory problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Attention deficit disorder
- Pain management
- Sleep disorders
- Eligibility assessments
- Bullying and harassment and adjustment disorder
- Pain, physical injury and psychiatric diagnosis
- Relationship between injury and mental illness,
- Discerning non-work related contributing factors
- Stress and trauma
- Return to work and work capacity
- Expert witness opinions
Dr Jaya Reddy - Clinical Psychiatrist
- Mood Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- PTSD and co-existing physical and psychiatric illnesses.
Dr Jaya Reddy (MBBS, MMed(Psy), PhD, FRANZCP) has joined our medical team to provide General Psychiatric Services. Starting with us on the 1st of February, 2017 we will be able to fulfil your appointment within 2 weeks of request.
Dr Reddy comes to us from ACT Health where he practiced as a Consultant Psychiatrist and as Senior Lecturer at the Australian National University between 2010 and 2016.His obtained his PhD from the University of New South Wales.
Dr. Andrey Brodsky - Physician
Dr Andrey Brodsky , MD ( Moscow ), AMC ( Melbourne ) , RACGP
Suzanna Kouzmis - Mental Health Nurse
Special interest: Mindfulness based Therapies.
Groups and individual sessions of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Mindfulness Training.
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy is a scientifically proven model that has been shown to be effective with a wide range of issues, such as Depression, Anxiety, Stress, PTSD, OCD, Chronic Pain, Sleep Disorders, drug addiction, schizophrenia, eating disorders, and many others.
Shirley Wilson - Psychologist
Shirley Wilson is a Registered Psychologist and an associate member of the Australian Psychological Society. She holds a Graduate Diploma in Family Therapy and Diploma in Alcohol and Other Drug Work.
Shirley has extensive counselling experience working twenty-one years in areas of treatment that explore the emotional, psychological and social complexities that are associated with:
- drugs and alcohol;
- child and adult sexual assault issues, anxiety, depression;
- unresolved grief and loss;
- post-traumatic stress;
- self-defeating emotional and cognitive patterns of behaviour that affect self-esteem, self-worth and confidence;
- anger and stress management;
- marital, family and relationship problems.
The therapeutic approach adopted by Shirley is integrated/holistic therapy that blends elements Cognitive-Behavioural, Attachment, Experiential, Object relations; Schema Therapy, Narrative and Solution Focussed Therapy.
Dana Ben-Israel - Clinical Psychologist
Dana is a registered clinical psychologist and holds a Masters in Clinical Psychology from the University of Melbourne. She has experience working across public and private sectors with adults and young people.
Dana is strongly committed to evidence based therapies tailored to her client’s needs including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy with a special interest in attachment based Schema Therapy and the principals of mindfulness and wellbeing science. Dana uses a holistic approach based on a shared formulation to address client’s difficulties and set goals for recovery.
Dana has experience in the psychological treatment of:
- Depression and adjustment difficulties
- Psychosis and Bipolar Disorder
- Grief and loss
- Trauma/Post Traumatic Stress
- Work/Career stress
- Chronic pain/disease
- Alcohol and other substances
- Anger management
- Candi Apel – Practice Manager